When chilly days return, you can still find great winter Farmers Markets in Northern Virginia offering fresh baked goods, meats, specialty items, and other local goodies. Bookmark our list of winter Farmers Markets, and eat fresh and local all year long.
Updated for the 2022- 2023 Winter Farmers Market Season!
Vendors vary by location, but you'll generally find local bread, meat, eggs, honey, and some produce at the markets. Many year-round markets also include craft vendors, so they're a fun place to shop for unique gifts and home decor.
We have included basic location and hours below; follow the link for additional details and vendor lists. This guide includes winter Farmers Markets in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County.
Stormy weather is definitely a factor during the winter months. Check your local market's website or Facebook page for news on weather-related closings. Very low temperatures, high winds, snow, and sleet can all lead to market closures.
When spring returns, you'll find a full list of more than 50 area markets in our big guide to seasonal Northern VA Farmers Markets. These seasonal markets are generally open from April or May through the fall or early winter months.
Alexandria Farmers Markets
There are 3 winter Farmer's Markets in Alexandria, two in the Old Town and Del Ray neighborhoods. A third market raises funds to support Four Mile Run Park.
- Old Town Farmers Market, Market Square, 301 King St., 7 a.m.- noon
- Del Ray Farmers Market, E. Oxford & Mount Vernon Ave., 8 a.m. – noon
- Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market 4109 Mt. Vernon Ave., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m (year-round)
Arlington County Farmers Markets
There are 2 year-round markets in Arlington County.
- Arlington FreshFarm Market, 1400 North Courthouse Road, 9 – noon Jan 7 – Mar 25
- Columbia Pike Farmers Market, Pike Park (S. Walter Reed + Columbia Pike), 9:00 a.m. – 1:00, year-round
Fairfax County Farmers Markets
There are normally 5 winter markets in Fairfax County but the indoor Great Falls market is closed in 2023.
- Reston FreshFarm Mkt, 11900 Lawyers Rd., 2:00 – 6:00, Jan 4 – Mar 29
- Falls Church Farmers Market, 300 Park Avenue, 8 a.m. – noon; 9:00 – noon Jan – Mar
- Great Falls Farmers Market, 9818 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, 9:00 – 1:00. Closed for winter 2023.
- Oakton FreshFarm Farmers Mkt, 2951 Chain Bridge Rd, 9:00 – 1:00
- Mosaic Central Farm Market, Mosaic District Shopping Center, 9:30 – 2:30 Apr – Dec; 10:00 – 2:00 Jan – Mar
Loudoun County Farmers Markets
There are 5 winter Farmers Markets in Loudoun County including Saturday and Sunday markets at Gilbert's Corner.
- Leesburg Saturday Market, 30 Catoctin Cir SE, Leesburg 9:00 – noon Nov 5 – Apr 29
- Gilbert's Corner Saturday Market, Route 50 + 15 Aldie, 10:00 – 3:30 Nov 5 – Apr 29
- EatLoCo One Loudoun Farmers Market, Atwater Dr, Ashburn, 9:00 – 1:00
- Brambleton Farmers Market, Olympia Dr, Brambleton, 9:00 – 1:00
- Gilbert's Corner Sunday Market, Route 50 + 15 Aldie, 10:00 – 3:30 Nov 6 – Apr 30
Prince William County Farmers Markets
There are 2 winter markets in Prince William County, including a Manassas market with over 40 vendors.
- Dale City Farmers Market, 14090 Gemini Way, 10:00 – 1:00, Dec 4 – Mar 26
Too cold to shop outside? Find warmer fun in our big guide to indoor activities in Nothern VA.