When chilly days return, you can still find winter Farmers Markets in Northern Virginia offering fresh baked goods, meats, specialty items, and other local goodies. Bookmark our list of winter Farmers Markets, and eat fresh and local all year long.
Updated for the 2021- 2022 winter market season!
Vendors vary by location, but you'll generally find local bread, meat, eggs, honey, and some produce at the markets. Many year-round markets also include craft vendors, so they're a fun place to shop for unique gifts and home decor.
We have included basic location and hours below; follow the link for additional details and vendor lists. Inclement weather is definitely a factor during the winter months. Check your local market's website or Facebook page for news on weather-related closings whenever very low temperatures, high winds, snow, or sleet are in the forecast.
Alexandria Farmers Markets
- Old Town Farmers Market, Market Square, 301 King St., 7 a.m.- noon
- Del Ray Farmers Market, E. Oxford & Mount Vernon Ave., 8 a.m. – noon
Read more: 25 Fun Unique Things to Do in Alexandria VA
Fairfax County Farmers Markets
- Falls Church Farmers Market, 300 Park Avenue, 8 a.m. – noon; 9:00 – noon Jan – Mar
- Great Falls Farmers Market, Great Falls Grange Hall (indoors), 9818 Georgetown Pike, 9:00 – 1:00. Closed until April 2, 2022.
- Oakton Smart Markets Farmers Mkt, 2854 Hunter Mill Rd, 9:00 – 1:00
- Mosaic Central Farm Market, Mosaic District Shopping Center, 9:30 – 2:30 Apr – Dec; 10:00 – 2:00 Jan – Mar
Loudoun County Farmers Markets
- Leesburg Saturday Market Virginia Village Shopping Center, 9:00 – noon Nov – Apr
- Gilbert's Corner Saturday Market, Route 50 + 15 Aldie, 9:00 – noon year round
- EatLoCo One Loudoun Farmers Market, Atwater Dr at One Loudoun, 9:00 – 1:00
- Purcellville Winter Market, 717 E. Main St. Saturdays, 10:00 – 1:00 year round
- Gilbert's Corner Sunday Market, Route 50 + 15 Aldie, 9:00 – noon year round
Prince William County Farmers Markets
- Manassas Farmers Market, Commuter Lot (across from Baldwin Primary) Manassas, 8:00 – 1:00
Nearby Winter Fun
Why not combine your market visit with other indoor and outdoor fun? Check these articles for fun things to do near several of the winter farmers markets listed above:
- Indoor Activities in Northern Virginia to Escape Winter Cold or a Rainy Day
- 8 Great Things to Do in Great Falls Virginia
- Leesburg Getaway in Northern Virginia Wine Country
- 8 Great Things to Do in Purcellville
- Manassas Day Trip or Overnight