The annual Bull Run Festival of Lights holiday drive-through display brings cozy fun back to Northern Virginia. A perennial favorite, the Festival of Lights dazzles with a 2.5-mile drive-through display of sparkly lights.
Bull Run Festival of Lights 2021 is open from November 11 to January 2, 2022, so you have plenty of time to enjoy the holiday fun. Last year the park added extra weeks to the schedule. Fingers crossed they do that again in 2022.
Cars slowly make their way past and under the Festival of Lights holiday and fairytale vignettes that entertain adults and wow little ones. While most of the displays repeat year-to-year, there are new scenes to enjoy, and seeing old favorites is part of the fun.
The Bull Run Festival of Lights holiday drive is an ideal family activity for even the youngest kids. The little ones stay warm and cozy as you slowly drive past the sparkly, animated displays. We first visited with our toddlers dressed in their favorite footie jammies. Now much older, our twins still enjoy the annual tradition, though with a more critical eye and no pajamas in sight.
The lights throughout the Bull Run Festival are brighter than they were in the old days, but many of our favorite vignettes are still around. Our recent favorite is the trees dripping with holiday lights in the Winter Wonderland.
Update: The Holiday Village and Carnival is canceled in 2021. The Holiday Village normally includes a small carnival with a colorful Ferris wheel, camel rides, and a walk-through light display with great photo opps.
Bull Run Festival of Lights Holiday Tips and Logistics
November 11, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- The Bull Run Festival of Lights is open every evening. Hours are 5:30 to 9:30 Monday – Thursday, 5:30 to 10:00 Friday – Sunday and holiday nights.
- Festival of Lights holiday weekends get very busy, especially later in the season. Visit on a non-prime weekday to minimize cars and lines, and to score a nice discount.
- Save $5 by purchasing tickets online. Demand is high in 2021 so you should definitely buy tickets in advance.
- Timed entry tickets to the Bull Run Festival of Lights is $30/$40 online/at door for a car or van (1 to 14 people) except during peak days. You only need to buy 1 ticket per vehicle.
- Use discount coupon WEB21 to save $5 on weekday tickets. With the coupon, a family of four is only paying $6 each for the Festival of Lights holiday drive. What an excellent deal!
- Buses and large vehicles with 15 or more passengers are $50.
- Bull Run Festival of Lights is at Bull Run Regional Park, 7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville, VA 20121.
- Check the Nova Parks website to purchase tickets, for additional details, and for inclement weather closures.
Is the Bull Run Festival of Lights display part of your holiday lights traditions?
Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Read our Virginia Gift Guide now!
You'll find more holiday fun in these seasonal articles:
- 12 Holiday Favorites from Northern Virginia Experts
- Holiday Lights in the Northern Virginia Area
- Meadowlark Gardens Winter Walk of Lights
- Where to Buy Christmas Trees in Northern Virginia
- Favorite Holiday Markets in Northern Virginia and the DC Region
- 10 Fun and Free Things to Do on a Washington DC Holiday Visit