Celebrate Spring in Northern Virginia at Spring festivals and fairs, scenic drives and hikes, and unique outings in the DC ...
2 Silos Brewing brings craft brews, a tasty menu, an indoor-outdoor gathering place, and a cool vibe to the new Farm Brew Live complex in Manassas Virginia. Whether you come to sample new craft beer flavors, or just to hang out with friends, 2 Silos will make you smile.
Comfortable Gathering Spaces at 2 Silos Brewing
One of the best reasons to visit 2 Silos Brewing is the range of spaces to hang out. The main room of the Pour House is sleek and slightly industrial, made to accommodate groups large and small. An upstairs space includes comfy couches and a quieter vibe.
Outdoor seating at 2 Silos Brewing is even better, as long as the weather isn’t extremely cold. On the patio, guests can relax on couches by a huge fireplace, or at long tables warmed by heat lamps. Just off the patio are lots of outdoor tables topped with umbrellas.
Relaxed groupings of Adirondack chairs sit closer to the stage area known as The Yard. Those same chairs surround several fire pits that are especially fun at night. The fire pit areas boast built in speakers, so you’ll have excellent sound quality when live music is playing.
Craft Brews and More Things to Drink
Brewermaster Forest Morgan told us he wants to provide “something for everyone” and our tasting show he’s met his goal. From the Cream Ale to the Imperial Stout the beer delivered tasty and accessible flavors with nothing too extreme on the list.
At this point, he 30-barrel brew system is devoted to the 2 Silos site and occasional appearances at special events (a beer truck named Rosie is being refurbished now). There are 5 flagships on tap along with a few seasonals and barrel-aged brew are in the works.
2 Silos Brewing also offers brewery tours and growler fills. And don’t worry if not everyone in your crew is a beer lover. Wine, hard cider, and non-alcoholic drinks are available in the Pour House tasting room. When live music is playing, an outdoor bar serves mixed drinks. In 2018, The Black Sheep: whiskey, wine, and noshery will open in the historic Thomasson’s Barn, further expanding the craft drink options on the Farm Bre Live campus.
The Food at 2 Silos Brewing
We love a great brewery, and we love it even more when there is delicious food on offer. 2 Silos goes beyond the standard bar fare with a strong menu. We can vouch for the handmade pizza, cooked in a large pizza oven designed to echo the barn’s silo.
The brussel sprouts are a good option for veggie lovers. The cobb salad, on the other hand, pleases meat lovers with a heap of yummy crisp bacon. The creamy crab dip hits the spot for cheese lovers, but we would add a little more heat.
2 Silos Brewing offers two other food options when live music is happening. The Pit sells barbecue sandwiches, and La Gringa Food Truck dishes up a range of comfort foods.
Tips for Visiting 2 Silos Brewing and Farm Brew Live
- Farm Brew Live is an expanding campus. The Black Sheep whiskey barn will open in 2018, adding a craft distillery and another dining option with a more extensive menu.
- There are also new spaces for events in the works. This would be a perfect venue for a beer lover’s wedding!
- Leashed dogs are welcome in most of the outdoor spaces at 2 Silos Brewing, but they are not allowed on the patio, in the tasting room, or on the brewery tours. (Blame the health code.)
- Children are also welcome throughout the entire Farm Brew Live campus. After 9:00, if music is playing, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.
- 2 Silos Brewing is currently open 11:00 to 11:00 daily except Monday, when they are closed.
- This is an excellent venue to see live bands, though winter weather may limit performances for now. Check the web site for the latest event listings.
- Notice the details when you visit. 2 Silos Brewing is growing hops on site, and the restaurant grows its own “flavor garden.” Design details include a two-story mural of Miles Davis, a bar made with reclaimed wood from the property, and that silo shaped pizza oven.
2 Silos Brewing opened in late October, 2017, and has already gained a following. We visited 2 Silos on a cold and rainy day, and the place was quite busy. It’s a good sign that this new campus of brews, food, and fun is going to be a favorite spot for locals and visitors.
Visit Prince William County hosted our tasting and lunch at 2 Silos. All opinions, text, and photographs are our own.