Our complete guide to 2023 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern Virginia includes family-friendly celebrations of spring at parks, farms, zoos, and towns. These events require registration and fill up quickly, so reserve your spot soon. In 2023, our Easter egg hunt list is long again so the kiddies can still enjoy this spring tradition.
Easter falls on Sunday, April 9th in 2023, and some of the Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Bunny photo opportunities begin in late March. It pays to make reservations early in the month.
Events are listed below in three groupings—Parks and Historic Sites, Farms and Zoos, and Towns—in order of start date. Follow the links for additional details on hours, fees, and registration.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. We will make a small commission from these links if you order something, at no additional cost to you.
2023 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern VA: Parks and Historic Sites
2023 Easter Egg Hunts at Northern Virginia county and regional parks begin in early April. Book your spot early as many of these events will sell out.
Fairfax County Easter Egg Hunts
Visit the Fairfax County Activities Search page and enter “egg hunt” or “easter” to find links to 2023 Easter Egg Hunt sessions or follow the links below.
- Dino Discovery Eggstravaganza, Sully Historic Site, Mar 24 and 25. hunt for dinosaur-filled eggs and join in a dino craft. Hunts organized by age group; $8.
- Dinosaur Egg Hunt, Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Apr 1 and 2. Search for dinosaur-filled eggs, join the egg roll, and meet the Easter bunny. Ages 2 – 8; $10 per child.
- Easter Egg Roll, Colvin Run Mill, Apr 8. Hunt for treasure and treat-filled eggs. 3 age groups, $8
- Baskets & Bunnies includes multiple sessions (including sensory-friendly) in 3 age groups, Burke Lake Park, Apr 8. Admission fee includes a round of mini-golf, a carousel ride, and a timed Easter egg hunt. $16 in advance/$18 day of event.
Loudoun County Easter Egg Hunts
- Easter Egg Hunt, Ida Lee Park, Leesburg, Apr 1. Registered Easter egg hunters will hop along the bunny trail to the hunt area to hunt for empty eggs. After the hunt, pick up a treat bag and get a socially distant photo with the Easter bunny. $10, ages 1 – 6.
- Morven Park Bunny Trail, Morven Park, Leesburg, Apr 8. Celebrate spring at Morven Park with games, crafts, an Easter Egg Roll, and more fun for kids. $10, ages 2 – 12, adults free; 10 – noon.
- Egg-stravaganza at Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane, Apr 8. Learn about egg-layers at the park and join in a scavenger hunt. All ages, included with $10 admission. When you visit, hike to a view in Sky Meadows State Park.
NOVA Parks is hosting in-person Easter egg hunts in 2023. Visit the NOVA Parks Events page or use the links below for details.
- Egg Hunt at Bull Run Regional Park, Apr 1 – 16. Search for eggs on the Bluebell Trail on a self-guided walk for all ages. $5, registration required.
- Meadowlark Botanical Garden Egg Hunt, Apr 2 – 9. Kids can have fun and get exercise as they hunt for 12 giant wooden eggs throughout the garden. Turn in a completed Egg Hunt Fun Find Sheet for a prize. $8, no registration, walk-in only.
- Potomac Overlook Park Egg Hunt, Arlington, Apr 1, 2, 4-9. Find wooden eggs hidden in the park and keep track of eggs on the Easter Egg Fun Find Sheet. Turn your completed sheet in for a goodie bag of treats. $8, 11 – 4.
- Temple Hall Farm Egg Hunt, Apr 5. Enjoy crafts, photos with the Easter Bunny, and an egg hunt for ages 2 to 11. $15/$20 advance/day of event.
Prince William County Easter Egg Hunts
- Scrambled Egg Hunt, Brentsville Courthouse, Mar 25. Family groups of 6 or less hunt for eggs to complete a puzzle and earn a gift basket of treats and prizes. All ages, $30 per 30-minute hunt.
- Rippon Lodge Easter Egg Hunt, Woodbridge, Apr 1. Follow the Easter Bunny's outdoor activity trail where you look for hidden objects, do physical tasks, tell a joke, and more as you walk to receive eggs. Family groups of 5 or less of all ages, $5 per person, 5 and under free.
- Occoquan Peep Week, Historic Occoquan, Apr 4-8. During Peep Week, visit the businesses of historic Occoquan to see marshmallow peep dioramas and vote for your favorite. Enter your own peep diorama or upload a photo to participate from home to compete for prizes.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Woodbridge, Apr 8. Head to Leesylvania State Park for two age-grouped Easter egg hunts. Arrive early as admission lines will be long. 11:00 ages 1 – 5; 11:20 ages 6 – 10.
22nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Lee-Fendall House, Alexandria, Apr 1 and 8
The Easter Bunny will fill the Lee-Fendall House garden with hundreds of colorful toy-filled Easter eggs. Sessions also include crafts, games, and the Easter Bunny. $15/$5 children 2 – 12/adult.
2023 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern VA: Farms and Zoos +
Many Northern Virginia farms and petting zoos host fun Easter Egg hunts every year. Book early as these events often sell out.
Easter Egg Hunt and Marshmallow Harvest, Great Country Farms, Bluemont, Mar 25 – Apr 8
Join in daily egg hunts (over 18,000 eggs filled with treats) and roast marshmallows on the bonfire. Admission includes egg hunts, a chance to see spring chicks and baby animals, and a wagon ride. Farm admission is $10/$12 child/adult; egg hunts are $7.50 per child.
Plan your visit with our guide to 15 Fantastic Fun Things to Do in Bluemont Virginia, including a family-friendly hike to Bears Den or a stop at Dirt Farm Brewing for brews with views.
Easter Egg Hunt, Leesburg Animal Park, Apr 1 – 2, 8 – 9
The annual egg hunts at Leesburg Animal Park are back in 2023. Kids can search for toy-filled eggs in hunts grouped by age. $19.95/$16.95 kids 2-12/adults. Advanced purchase required.
Plan a day trip to Leesburg Virginia.
Amazing Farm Fun at Ticonderoga Easter Egg Hunt, Chantilly, Apr 1 – 2, 8 – 9
Amazing Farm Fun at Ticonderoga hosts two Easter egg hunts per day at 11:00 and 2:00. In addition, kids can visit the giant slides, bounce pillows, pedal karts, and playgrounds; visit farm animals, and more. Tickets are $16.95 for children 2 and up, $12.95 adult.
Easter at the Perch, Tysons, Apr 8
New in 2023, head to The Pech for a day of Easter fun including egg hunts, sack races, pics with the Easter Bunny, a petting zoo, and more family fun. $20 plus fees, 10:00 – 1:00.
Easter Spring Fling, Roer's Zoofari (now NOVA Wild), Reston
The Reston Zoo is now NOVA Wild and has not announced any special Easter events for 2023.
Town 2023 Easter Egg Hunts
Several towns will hold community Easter Egg hunts in 2023. Here is a list of town events that do not specify “residents only” in their listings. Some events require registration or tickets.
Family Flashlight Egg Roll, Vienna, Mar 31
Gather the family and a flashlight and head to Glyndon Park for a Friday evening search for eggs and prizes in the dark. $5 per person; 6:00 and 8:00 pm.
Flashlight Egg Hunt, Manassas Park, Mar 31
Bring a flashlight and hunt for eggs in the dark. $5, 7:00 – 8:00.
Eggnormous Egg Hunt, Reston, Apr 1
Enjoy live entertainment, visit with the Easter bunny, and hunt for eggs at this Sunrise Valley Elementary School event. To age 8, free for Reston residents.
Underwater Egg Hunt, Reston Community Center, Apr 1
The Easter Bunny dropped his eggs in the Reston Community Center pool and needs help to collect them. Search for floating and sinking eggs in 4 sessions grouped by age. $4/$8 resident/non-resident.
Easter Egg Hunts, Manassas Park, Apr 1
Head to the community center for fun egg hunts in 3 age groups and photos with the Easter Bunny. $5, 10:00 – noon.
Egg-streme Teen Night Egg Hunt, Fairfax, Apr 6
Bring your flashlight and search for eggs and prizes in the dark at this teen-focused Easter egg hunt. $5
Hoppy Egg Hunting, Herndon, Apr 8
Enjoy games, arts and crafts, Easter Bunny visits, and of course, egg hunting at Herndon's Bready Park. $10 on-site registration.
Easter Egg Hunt, Falls Church, Apr 8
Children ages 1 – 11 can hunt for candy and special eggs in Cherry Hill Park and have their photos taken with the Easter Bunny. Free; 10:00 – noon.
Hop Around Downtown, Manassas, Apr 9 – 16
Hop around from store to store in historic downtown Manassas for sweet surprises. For each purchase from a participating merchant, customers get to select an egg from the merchant’s basket and win a prize. Three of the eggs will contain Grand Prizes. 10:00 – 5:00 daily.
2023 Easter Photos at Northern Virginia Malls
Easter Bunny photo events have returned to Northern Virginia malls in 2023. Some malls also offer special sessions for pets.
- Easter Bunny Photos, Tysons Corner, Tysons, Mar 17 – Apr 8
- Visit with the Bunny, Dulles Town Center, Dulles, Mar 17 – Apr 8
- Easter Bunny Photos, Manassas Mall, TBA
- Easter Photos at Potomac Mills, Springfield, TBA
- Easter Bunny Photos, Springfield Town Center, TBA
2023 Easter Egg Hunts are back, giving Northern Virginia families plenty of options for spring fun with the Easter bunny. Find more family-friendly fun in our Spring Bucket List full of special spring activities and destinations in the DC region.
We wish you happy egg hunting and a very beautiful spring!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for more fun travel in and from Northern Virginia.