Our complete guide to 2021 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern Virginia includes family-friendly celebrations of spring at parks, farms, zoos, and towns. These events require registration and fill up quickly, so reserve your spot soon. In 2021, our Easter egg hunt list is much shorter than usual and event capacity is limited, but the kiddies can still enjoy this spring tradition.
Easter falls on Sunday, April 4th in 2021, and many of the Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Bunny photo opportunities begin in late March. It pays to make reservations early in the month.
Events are listed below in three groupings—Parks and Historic Sites, Farms and Zoos, and Towns—in order of start date. Follow the links for additional details on hours, fees, and registration.
2021 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern VA: Parks and Historic Site
2021 Easter Egg Hunts at Northern Virginia county and regional parks begin in mid-March. Book your spot early as many of these events will sell out.
Fairfax County Parks
Visit the Fairfax County Activities Search page and enter “egg hunt” or “easter” to find links to 2021 Easter Egg Hunt sessions or follow the links below.
- Mount Vernon Easter Egg Hunt, Mount Vernon RECenter, Apr 3, 4. You and up to 8 guests can hunt for Easter eggs in the Mount Vernon Rec Center pool. $100 per group, ages 3 – 99.
- Dinosaur Egg Hunt, Hidden Oaks Nature Center, March 27, 28, Apr 3, 4, 5. Enjoy an outdoor dinosaur-themed egg hunt for ages 3 – 8. $10 per child.
- Rabbit Hole-in-One (including Sensory Friendly sessions), Burke Lake Park, Mar 27, 28, Apr 3. Groups of up to 5 play a round of mini-golf decorated for spring, with hidden Easter eggs on the 18th hole. $10, all ages.
- Eggster Bunnies, Sully Historic Site, Mar 26, 27. Make and decorate your own Easter Bunny using the wet felting technique. Two, 1-hour sessions each day. $20 for a family group of up to 4 people.
Loudoun County Parks
- Easter Egg Hunt, Ida Lee Park, Leesburg, Mar 27. Registered Easter egg hunters will hop along the bunny trail to the hunt area to hunt for empty eggs. After the hunt, pick up a treat bag and get a socially distant photo with the Easter bunny. $5, ages 1 – 6.
- Egg-stravaganza at Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane, Apr 3. Take the Chicken Walk to visit the park’s egg-laying free-range chickens, go on an egg-citing Geocache adventure, learn about bluebirds, and take home a natural egg dye craft. All ages, included with $10 admission. When you visit, hike to a view in Sky Meadows State Park.
NOVA Parks is not hosting any Easter egg hunts in 2021.
Prince William County Easter Egg Hunts
- Scrambled Egg Hunt, Brentsville Courthouse, Mar 20 – 21. Family groups of 6 or less hunt for eggs to complete a puzzle and earn a gift basket of treats and prizes. All ages, $30 per 30-minute hunt.
- Rippon Lodge Easter Egg Hunt, Woodbridge, Mar 27. Follow the Easter Bunny’s outdoor activity trail where you look for hidden objects, do physical tasks, tell a joke, and more as you walk to receive eggs. Family groups of 5 or less of all ages, $10 per person, 5 and under free.
- Occoquan Peep Week, Historic Occoquan, Mar 26 – Apr 4. During Peep Week, visit the businesses of historic Occoquan to see marshmallow peep diaoramas and vote for your favorite. Enter your own peep diorama or upload a photo to participate from home to compete for prizes.
22nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Lee-Fendall House, Alexandria, Mar 27, Apr 3
The Easter Bunny will fill the Lee-Fendall House garden with hundreds of colorful toy-filled Easter eggs! You must register in advance and capacity is limited to ensure safe socially distancing. Follow the link for the schedule and to register. $15/$5 children 2 – 12.
2021 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern VA: Farms and Zoos
Egg Hunt and Marshmallow Harvest, Great Country Farms, Bluemont, Mar 26 – Apr 3
Amaze your little ones with the chance to harvest a few marshmallow peeps to roast on the bonfire and join in an egg hunt. There are multiple age-specific egg hunts each day (over 18,000 eggs filled with treats). Admission includes egg hunts, a chance to see spring chicks and baby animals, and a wagon ride. Follow the link for the schedule for your child’s age group. Advanced tickets are required and capacity is limited. Farm admission is $10 child, $12 adult; egg hunts are $5 per child.
Adult Easter Egg Hunt, Great Country Farms, Bluemont, Mar 27 – 28
Why should the kids have all the fun? Adults can take a wagon ride to the field to search for thousands of treat and prize-filled eggs. The bar will be open and your $29 ticket includes your first pour of beer, wine, or cider.
Plan your visit with our guide to 15 Fantastic Fun Things to Do in Bluemont Virginia, including a family-friendly hike to Bears Den or a stop at Dirt Farm Brewing for brews with views.
Easter Eggstravaganza, Roer’s Zoofari, Reston, Mar 27 – 28, Apr 27 – 28
Roer’s Zoofari went plastic-free in 2020. This year, staff will hand out goody bags and participate in fun and COVID-friendly arts and crafts. Admission includes both the self-drive safari and walking experience tour. Admission is $20/$25 per child/adult and advanced registration is required for this event, which usually sells out. 9:00 – 6:00.
Spring Festival and Easter Egg Hunt, Ticonderoga Farms, Canceled
Ticonderoga Farm’s annual public Spring Festival is canceled in 2021. The farm is only taking reservations for group field trips at this time.
Easter Egg Hunt, Leesburg Animal Park, Canceled
The annual egg hunts at Leesburg Animal Park are canceled in 2021.
Town 2021 Easter Egg Hunts
Only a few towns will hold community Easter Egg hunts in 2021. Here is a list of town events that do not specify “residents only” in their listings. Some events require registration or tickets.
Underwater Egg Hunt, Reston Community Center, Mar 27
The Easter Bunny dropped his eggs in the Reston Community Center pool and needs help to collect them. Some treats will float for little ones, others will sink for those seeking a little more adventure. A parent/adult is required to accompany each non-swimmer in the water and to participate in the activity. 3 sessions in different age groups, $4/$8 Reston resident/non-resident.
Hop Around Downtown, Manassas, Mar 28 – Apr 3
Hop around from store to store in historic downtown Manassas for sweet surprises. For each purchase from a participating merchant, customers get to select an egg from the merchant’s basket and win a prize. Three of the eggs will contain Grand Prizes. 10:00 – 5:00 daily.
Eggnormous Egg Hunt, Reston, Apr 4
Enjoy a great Reston tradition outside the Reston Community Center at Hunter Woods. Bring a basket to join the egg hunt at 10:00. After the egg hunt, kids and parents are invited to the Community Room to enjoy a live performance from the Peter McCory’s one-man band. Reservations required, free for children infant to 8. 10:00 – 11:30.
2020 Easter Photos at Northern Virginia Malls
None of the area malls are offering Easter Bunny photo events in 2021.
- Easter Bunny Photos, Tysons Corner, Tysons, Canceled
- Visit with the Bunny, Dulles Town Center, Dulles, Canceled
- Caring Bunny Easter Photos at Potomac Mills, Springfield, Canceled
- Easter Bunny Photos, Springfield Town Center, Canceled
- Easter Bunny Photos at Manassas Mall, Manassas, Canceled
With only a few 2021 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern Virginia families will have to create their own spring fun. Bookmark our Spring Bucket List full of fun spring activities and destinations in the DC region. We wish you happy egg hunting and a very beautiful spring!