Bookmark our great, big, complete guide to 2019 Easter Egg Hunts in Northern Virginia for family-friendly celebrations of spring at parks, farms, zoos, and towns. Many events that require registration fill up quickly, so reserve your spot soon.
Easter falls on Sunday, April 21st in 2019, which means that most of the Easter egg hunts are held during the month of April. However, several of the larger spring celebrations begin in March. Events are listed below in three groupings—Parks and Historic Sites, Farms and Zoos, and Towns—in order of start date. Follow the links for additional details on hours, fees, and registration.
Parks and Historic Site 2019 Easter Egg Hunts
Most Northern Virginia county and regional parks will host 2019 Easter Egg Hunts in April. Several of these events require registration, and they sell out quickly. Book your spot early as they will likely fill up.
Fairfax County Parks
Enter Egg Hunt or Easter in the Search Text box to find all of the Fairfax County Parks 2019 Easter Egg Hunt sessions.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Frying Pan Park, Herndon, Apr 7
- Aqua Egg Hunt, Herndon, Apr 13
- Easter Egg Hunt at Colvin Run Mill, Great Falls, Apr 13
- Easter Egg Hunt at Sully, Chantilly, Apr 13, 14
- Dinosaur Egg Hunt, Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Apr 13, 19
- Woodland Wildlife Egg Hunt, Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Apr 13
- Easter Egg Hunt at Lake Fairfax, Reston, Apr 14
- Egg-streme Teen Night Egg Hunt, Fairfax, Apr 18
- Nottoway Egg Hunt, Vienna, Apr 20
- Easter Egg Hunt at Clemyjontri, McLean, Apr 20
- Egg Challenge and Hunt, Riverbend Park, Great Falls, Apr 20
- Baskets and Bunnies Egg Hunt, Burke Lake Park, Apr 20
Loudoun County Parks
- Easter at the Park, Morven Park, Apr 20
- Easter Egg Hunt, Ida Lee Park, Leesburg, Apr 13
- Egg-stravaganza at Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane, Apr 20
- Bull Run Regional Park, Morning and Afternoon egg hunts, Centreville, Apr 14
- Woodlands at Algonkian, Sterling, Apr 14
- Potomac Overlook. Arlington, Apr 16
- Meadowlark Gardens, Vienna, Apr 16
- Brambleton Golf Course, Ashburn, Apr 17
- Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton, Apr 17
- Temple Hall Farm Regional Park, Leesburg, Apr 17
- Upton Hill, Arlington, Apr 17
- Cameron Run, Alexandria, Apr 18
- Occoquan Regional Park, Lorton, Apr 20
Prince William County Parks
- Flashlight Egg Hunt, Manassas Park, Apr 12
- Easter Egg Hunts, Manassas Park, Apr 13
- Eggstravaganza at Ben Lomond Historic Site, Manassas, Apr 13
- Leesylvania State Park Easter Egg Hunt, Woodbridge Apr 20
- Rippon Lodge Easter Egg Hunt, Woodbridge, Apr 20
- Occoquan Peep Contest, Historic Occoquan, Apr 20
- Hoppy Easter at the Farm Brewery at Broad Run, Broad Run, Apr 20
20th Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Lee-Fendall House, Alexandria, Apr 19 – 21
The Easter Bunny will fill the Lee-Fendall House garden with hundreds of colorful toy-filled Easter eggs! Other activities include games, crafts, a sticker station, refreshments, and photos with the Easter Bunny. Every participating child will receive an Easter Egg. Children aged 0-12 are eligible to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt, while older children and adults enjoy other activities. Follow the link for daily schedule. $15/$5 children 1 – 18/19 and up.
Farm and Zoo 2019 Easter Egg Hunts
Spring Festival and Easter Egg Hunts, Ticonderoga Farms, Mar 30 – Apr 28
Ticonderoga Farm’s annual Spring Festival kicks off March 25th, with egg hunts and visits from the Easter Bunny on weekends. Kids and adults can visit the giant slides, bounce pillows, pedal karts, playgrounds, take a hayride, visit farm animals, a bamboo maze, and much more. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to Egg Hunts and remember to bring your own basket or bag for collecting eggs. Follow the link for event details and directions; admission is $10.95/$14.95 weekdays/weekends. 10:00 – 5:00.
2019 Easter Eggs-travaganza, Reston Zoo, Reston, Apr 13, 14, 20, 21
Hunt for Easter eggs, play in the Kid Zone, face painting, safari tours, camel rides (additional charge), and more family fun. Admission is $20.00 and advanced purchase is recommended for this event, which normally sells out. 9:00 – 4:00.
Egg Hunt and Marshmallow Harvest, Great Country Farms, Bluemont, Apr 6 – 7
Amaze your little ones with the chance to harvest a few marshmallow peeps to roast on the bonfire and join in an egg hunt. There are multiple age-specific egg hunts each day (over 18,000 eggs filled with treats). Admission includes egg hunts, a chance to see spring chicks and baby animals, and a wagon ride. Follow the link for the schedule for your child’s age group. Buy tickets in advance to avoid the line. $10 child, $12 adult. Combine your outing with a hike to Bears Den or a stop at Dirt Farm Brewing for brews with views.
Easter Egg Hunt, Leesburg Animal Park, Apr 13, 14, 20, 21
Hunt for thousands of toy and candy-filled eggs at the 20th annual Easter Egg Hunt and visit with the Easter Bunny. Egg hunts are by age group, and advanced tickets are required.
Eco Easter Egg Hunt, Whitehall Farm, Fairfax, Apr 20
Play Easter games, bounce in inflatable houses (weather permitting), and of course, hunt for eggs. Meet Whitehall’s farm animals and take a fun wagon ride around the farm. Three timed egg hunts are staggered by age group and admission is $15 for kids, $7.50 for adults, advance purchase only.
Town 2019 Easter Egg Hunts
Many towns hold free Easter Egg hunts for residents of their community. Here is a list of town events that do not specify “residents only” in their listings. Some events require registration or tickets.
Family Flashlight Egg Hunt, Apr 12 and Egg Roll and Easter Fun, Apr 13, Vienna
Gather the family and a flashlight and head to Glyndon Park for a Friday evening search for eggs and prizes in the dark. Kids can also enjoy the moon bounce and visit with the Easter Bunny. The Egg Hunt begins at dark and tickets are $3 per family member (max six per household). 7:30 pm.
Children 12 and younger are invited to join in an Old-Fashioned Egg Roll on the lawn of the Freeman House, hosted by Historic Vienna, Inc. and the Town of Vienna. Children can decorate hard-boiled eggs, get their photo taken with the Easter bunny, “hunt” for eggs, and race one another in the egg roll. Free, no reservations required; 10:30-11:30. Both Vienna events are held rain or shine.
Eggnormous Egg Hunt, Sunrise Valley Elementary School, Reston, Apr 13
Enjoy a great Reston tradition at Sunrise Valley Elementary School. Enjoy games, entertainment by a strolling magician, moon bounces, and the ever-popular egg hunt (bring a basket). The egg hunt starts at 10:30 a.m. sharp. No reservations, free for children infant to 8. 10:00 – 11:30.
Hop Around Downtown, Manassas, Apr 14 – 20
Hop around from store to store in historic downtown Manassas for sweet surprises. For each purchase from a participating merchant, customers get to select an egg from the merchant’s basket and win a prize. Three of the eggs will contain Grand Prizes.
Easter Egg Hunt, Fairfax, Apr 20
Join the annual Egg Hunt at Van Dyck park. This special event is open and free to the community. Half hour hunts by age group every half hour from 10:00 – 1:00. No registration is required but only 300 children are allowed per age group. Arrive early to receive a wristband. Follow the link for age schedules and new rules about parent participation.
Easter Eggstravaganza on Lake Anne, Reston, Apr 20
Enjoy a variety of Spring festivities, Easter, and warm weather. The Easter Bunny will arrive in true Lake Anne Fashion—by pontoon boat—at noon. Bring the kids for bunny hugs, egg dying, egg relays and face painting. Stop at Lake Anne shops for eggs and treats. April 20th is also opening day for the Reston Farmers Market, from 8:00 to noon.
[box type=”info”]Check out complete guide for a market near you: 2019 Northern Virginia Farmers Markets[/box]
Easter Egg Hunt, Falls Church, Apr 20
Bbring a basket and join the annual family celebration. Children dressed in their spring finest can hunt for candy and special eggs in Cherry Hill Park and have their photo taken with special guest, the Easter Bunny.
Easter Egg Hunt, Herndon, Herndon, Apr 20
Bring your basket to collect eggs and other spring goodies at Herndon’s old fashioned Easter celebration, featuring games, arts and crafts, music, a visit with the Easter Bunny, and timed egg hunts by age group. The fun begins at 9:30; follow the link for age-group egg hunt times. $9/$10 advance/day of event.
2019 Easter Photos at Northern Virginia Malls
- Visit with the Bunny, Dulles Town Center, Dulles, Mar 20 – Apr 14
- Mad Hatter Tea Party, Springfield Town Center, Mar 30
- Easter Bunny Photos, Tysons Corner, Tysons, Apr 6 – 21
- Easter Bunny Photos at Manassas Mall, Manassas, Apr 6 – 20
- Caring Bunny Easter Photos at Potomac Mills, Springfield, Apr 7
2019 Easter Egg Hunts are a great way to kick off a spring full of family fun. We wish you happy egg hunting and a very beautiful spring!
>> Make your 2019 Easter egg hunting extra special with a local staycation in Tysons Corner.