Bookmark our great, big round-up of 2017 Easter Egg Hunts for family-friendly celebrations of spring in Northern Virginia parks, farms, zoos, and towns. Many events that require registration fill up quickly, so reserve your spot soon.
Parks and Historic Site 2017 Easter Egg Hunts
Many of our county and regional parks are hosting 2017 Easter Egg Hunts in April. Several of these events require registration, and they sell out quickly, so we suggest you book early as they will likely fill up.
Fairfax County Parks
- Easter Egg Hunt at Sully, Chantilly, Apr 8 + 9
- Easter Eggstravaganza, Frying Pan Park, Apr 8
- Easter Egg Hunt at Colvin Run Mill, Great Falls, Apr 8
- Dinosaur Egg Hunt, Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Apr 8, 9, 14, 15, 16
- Easter Egg Hunt at Lake Fairfax, Reston, Apr 9
- Easter Egg Hunt at Clemyjontri, McLean, Apr 8
- Easter at the Park, Morven Park, Apr 15
- Woodlands at Algonkian, Steling, Apr 8
- Potomac Overlook. Arlington, Apr 11
- Brambleton Golf Course, Ashburn, Apr 12
- Bull Run Regional Park, Centreville, Apr 11
- Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton,Apr 12
- Temple Hall Farm Regional Park, Leesburg, Apr 12
- Upton Hill, Arlington, Apr 13
- Cameron Run, Alexandria, Apr 13
- Meadowlark Gardens, Vienna, Apr 13
- Flashlight Egg Hunt, Manassas Park, Apr 7
- Manassas Park, Apr 8
- Ben Lomond Historic Site, Manassas, Apr 8
- Leesylvania State Park. Arlington, Apr 15
- Rippon Lodge, Woodbridge, Apr 15
18th Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Lee-Fendall House, Alexandria, Apr 14 – 16
The Easter Bunny will fill the Lee-Fendall House garden with hundreds of colorful toy-filled Easter eggs! Other activities include games, crafts, a sticker station, refreshments, and photos with the Easter Bunny. Every participating child will receive an Easter Egg. Children aged 0-12 are eligible to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt, while older children and adults enjoy other activities. Follow the link for daily schedule. $12/$5 children 1 – 12/13 and up.
Farm and Zoo 2017 Easter Egg Hunts
Spring Festival and Easter Egg Hunts, Ticonderoga Farms, Mar 25 – Apr 23
Ticonderoga Farm’s annual Spring Festival kicks off March 25th, with egg hunts and visits from the Easter Bunny on weekends. Kids and adults can visit the giant slides, bounce pillows, pedal karts, playgrounds, take a hayride, visit farm animals, a bamboo maze, and much more. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to Egg Hunts and remember to bring your own basket or bag for collecting eggs. Follow the link for event details and directions; admission is $10.95/$14.95 weekdays/weekends. 10:00 – 5:00.
2017 Easter Eggs-travaganza, Reston Zoo, Reston, Apr 8, 9, 15, 16
Hunt for Easter eggs, play in the Kid Zone, face painting, safari tours, camel rides (additional charge), and more family fun. Admission is $15.00 and advanced purchase is required for this event, which normally sells out. 9:00 – 6:00.
Egg Hunt and Marshmallow Harvest, Great Country Farms, Bluemont, Apr 2 – 3
Amaze your little ones with the chance to harvest a few marshmallow peeps to roast on the bonfire and join in an egg hunt. There are multiple age-specific egg hunts each day (over 18,000 eggs filled with treats). Admission includes egg hunts, a chance to see spring chicks and baby animals, and a wagon ride. Follow the link for the schedule for your child’s age group. Buy tickets in advance to avoid the line. $10 child, $12 adult.
Town Easter Egg Hunts
Many towns hold free Easter Egg hunts for residents of their community. Here is a list of town events that do not specify “residents only” in their listings. Some events require registration or tickets.
Family Flashlight Egg Hunt and Egg Roll, Vienna, Apr 7 and 8
Gather the family and a flashlight and head to Glyndon Park for a Friday evening search for eggs and prizes in the dark. Kids can also enjoy the moon bounce and visit with the Easter Bunny. The Egg Hunt begins at dark and tickets are $3 per family member (max six per household). 7:30 pm.
On Saturday, children 12 and younger are invited to join in an Old-Fashioned Egg Roll on the lawn of the Freeman House, hosted by Historic Vienna, Inc. and the Town of Vienna. Children can decorate hard-boiled eggs, get their photo taken with the Easter bunny, “hunt” for eggs, bounce on inflatables, mingle with Vienna Singing Princesses, and race one another in the egg roll. Free; 10:00-11:00.
Both Vienna events will be held rain or shine. Follow links to check availability and purchase tickets.
Eggnormous Egg Hunt, Lake Fairfax Park, Reston, Apr 1
Enjoy a great community tradition at a new location, Lake Fairfax Park. Carnival games, entertainment, moon bounces, prizes, and a strolling magician will be featured along with the ever-popular egg hunt (bring a basket). The egg hunt starts at 10:30 a.m. sharp. No reservations, free for children infant to 8. 10:00 – 11:30.
Easter Egg Hunt, Herndon, Apr 15
Bring your basket to collect eggs and other spring goodies at Herndon’s old fashioned Easter celebration, featuring games, arts and crafts, music, a visit with the Easter Bunny, and timed egg hunts by age group. The fun begins at 9:30; follow the link for age-group egg hunt times. $9/$10 advance/day of event.
Malls and Businesses
- Party With Your Peeps, Wegman’s, Lake Manassas, Mar 23
- Visit with the Bunny, Dulles Town Center, Dulles, Mar 25 – Apr 15
- Easter Bunny Photos, Tysons Corner, Apr 1 – 15
- Party With Your Peeps, Wegman’s, Fairfax, Apr 1
- Easter Egg Hunt and Bounce, Bounce Mania, Gainsville, Apr 8
- Party With Your Peeps, Wegman’s, Dulles, Apr 8
2017 Easter Egg Hunts are a great way to kick off a spring full of family fun. We wish you happy egg hunting and a beautiful spring!